PHOS-CHEK FORTIFY is an award-winning technology that can deliver a proactive and preventative wildfire management solution. Public utilities, state and federal agencies and commercial and industrial facilities can now protect against wildfire throughout the peak fire season with a single annual treatment of PHOS-CHEK FORTIFY at the beginning of the season.
PHOS-CHEK FORTIFY effectively coats and retains retardant on target vegetation and infrastructure assets, providing protection against ignitions throughout the peak fire season, even through weathering or high winds.
In independent trials that were conducted alongside CalFire, PHOS-CHEK FORTIFY showed the ability to almost completely stop the spread of fire, even after half an inch of rain was placed on the vegetation and weathered for 2 months. The probability of ignition was expected to be 100%. Watch the video to see the effectiveness of PHOS-CHEK FORTIFY after weathering.
PHOS-CHEK FORTIFY product can be sprayed ahead of fire season or even during an oncoming fire threat through standard application equipment such as hydroseeders, tank sprayers, or helicopters. If you are using equipment to spray a fire retardant today, you will be able to use PHOS-CHEK FORTIFY.
Ideal applications for PHOS-CHEK FORTIFY include:
- Treatment of high-risk fire areas, including utility pole brushing & vegetation management
- Underneath utility lines to keep them energized, averting Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS)
- Around critical infrastructure assets (substations, buildings, communication towers)
- Protection for power poles, easements and rights-of-ways
- Along railroad lines and railways in high-risk areas
- Ingress and egress paths from at-risk communities
- Pre-treatment of Prescribed Fire Control lines far in advance of ignition
- Military bases in active munition areas
- Hillsides and roadsides near communities with high fire-risk
- Extending roadway fire breaks
- Protection for wildland urban interface areas, campgrounds, and other common ignition areas
- Protection for historical areas, National Monuments and sensitive and endangered habitats
Applied aerially, typically from scoopers or helicopters, Class A foam increases the effectiveness of water for direct suppression and mop up. Slows evaporation and improves fuel penetration.Explore
Fire suppressant gel is thickened water typcially used to coat a structure to protect it from impinging fire. Gel wraps a “blanket of water” around any structure, keeping it cool and preventing ignition from nearby fires.Explore
Custom built Phos-Chek mixing equipment provides easy mixing for support of airtanker and helicopter operations. The unique PC-CODE unit allows for retardant, foam or gel mixing and spraying in a single unit with the flip of a switch.Explore
Portable retardant bases can be set up near the fire ground to support close in, quick turnaround operations for all types of aerial delivery systems. Ground units can place retardant accurately, 24 hours a day, in almost all weather conditions.Explore
Prescribed burning and burnout operations require thickened fuel for drip and heli torches. Flash 21 is a two part liquid that instantly and perfectly gels fuel for torch operations.Explore