PHOS-CHEK® Long-Term Retardant is a valuable fire management tool for controlling and suppressing wildland fires. For over 50 years, PHOS-CHEK has been applied from the air by the world’s largest fire management agencies. Now Fire Managers are getting great results by applying PHOS-CHEK from the ground. PHOS-CHEK ground applied products have the same superior performance, plus pinpoint, cost effective placement and the ability to apply retardant in all weather conditions, 24 hours a day.
PHOS-CHEK Long-Term Retardant creates a fire break by making wildland fuels non-flammable. It works even when dry, so apply it once and it stays effective even after you’ve moved on. It can be applied by fire engine, water tender, or with Perimeter Solutions’ custom Ground Applied equipment.
APPLICATIONS FOR GROUND APPLIED RETARDANT
- Pre-treatment of high-risk fire areas
- Around critical infrastructure assets (communication towers, highway signage)
- Prescribed fire control
- Support for backburn operations
- Around and within communities, homes and businesses
- Protection for urban interface areas, campgrounds, rest areas and railway interface areas
- Protection for historical and national monuments and sensitive and endangered habitats
- Protection for fence posts, power poles, easements and rights-of-ways
- Extending roadway fire breaks